Monday, October 3, 2016

Lebron and Kyrie Irving Drawings

Over the years, people have asked me why I wasn't really into traditional pro sports.  My answer has always been, "I grew up in Ohio, where all the teams sucked."  That's mostly true.  The Cincinnati Reds were really good in the Pete Rose and Johnny Bench era, when I was about four and lived there.  But then we moved to northern Ohio.  The Cleveland Browns flat out sucked.  The Cleveland Indians sucked then, too.  The Cleveland Cavaliers basketball team was mediocre as I remember.  So I wound up getting interested in BMX and skateboarding when I moved West.

But it was really cool to see Lebron James, born in Akron, near where I was born, go back to the Cavs and take them to the finals.  I was stoked when they won and Cleveland had a championship for the first time since I've been alive.  So I drew a couple of pictures in celebration of that title win.  The top drawing is Lebron, surrounded by a bunch of facts and stats from the series.

In the drawing below, I took the photo of Kyrie Irving shooting "The Three" over Steph Curry, the shot that clinched the NBA Title.  I know some people in Ohio, even a couple in Akron, so I thought I'd be able to sell these drawings.  I wasn't.  I'll find some Cavs fan one of these days that wants them.  Sharpies on paper, both 18" X 24".
I've merged my ideas and blogs into a new blog:
The White Bear's Making a Scene
You can find my new stuff there.

No comments:

Post a Comment