Saturday, October 15, 2016

Cam Newton and Carolina Panther drawings

I've never been a huge football fan, mostly because I grew up in Ohio in the 70's where all the teams sucked.  But it was easy to start rooting for the Carolina Panthers when I moved to North Carolina several years ago.  Back then, it wasn't unusual for them to run the ball on 3rd and 17 and actually convert.  They were perennial underdogs.

Last year, quarterback Cam Newton and the crew really surprised everyone with a long undefeated streak and then a trip to the Super Bowl.  I drew this picture of Cam, and the Panther picture below in anticipation of another great season.  Last year was crazy, so I figured the Panthers would maybe end up 10-6 or something this year.  As of yesterday, they're 1-5, losing three of those games very closely.  So maybe they're just trying to get the six losses out of the way before going on a streak.  Yeah... that's the ticket.  Anyhow, Cam's a freakin' amazing player, as are many on the Panthers.  Hope they start pulling off the W's the rest of the season.  Sharpies on paper, 18" X 24".


I've merged my ideas and blogs into a new blog:
The White Bear's Making a Scene
You can find my new stuff there.

No comments:

Post a Comment