Monday, January 18, 2016

Keith Treanor Fakie Footplant

Once I got going on this new drawing style, I wanted to find a good photo of my old riding buddy Keith to draw.  I pulled this fakie footplant pic off his Facebook page and drew it.  Like all BMX street riders, we've spent thousands of hours in obscure concrete places that were never intended for bike riding.  With these obscure spots comes a lot of graffiti, from simple tags, to amazing murals.  To add some color to the wall Keith's footplanting on, I layered several colors of words, mostly the names of influential riders from the old school days, giving it a graffiti wall look.  In the bottom right, I added the cover artwork from my 1990 video, The Ultimate Weekend, which featured Keith jumping over the reaching hand of John Povah.  I'm pretty stoked on how this one came out, and I want to do more drawings like this.  18" X 24," Sharpies on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment