Monday, January 25, 2016

Turning My Hobby Into a Small Business

Over the last 12 years, I've worked as a taxi driver and done some odd jobs as I slowly developed a unique style of drawing with Sharpie markers.  The top drawing above is my "four-legged niece" Willow, which I did for my sister a couple months ago.  Willow is an Aussie-Doodle, she's very friendly, her favorite color is pink (yeah, I know dogs are color blind) and she's my sister's dog.  As a meme on Facebook said recently, "Every parent of teenagers needs a dog, so when they come home someone is glad to see them."

The lower pic is a drawing of my old BMX buddy, Keith Treanor, busting a fakie footplant that would make Todd Anderson proud.  These are just two examples of the work I'm doing with Sharpie markers these days in my unique "scribble style."

The time has come to turn my hobby into a small business, and I'm looking for a total of 43 people to ante up $25 each for a BMX zine and an original  12" X 18" drawing.  You can hear the whole story on my Go Fund Me page.  Thanks to those of you who've helped me out so far, and those who will in the near future.  I'm doing a ton of drawings cheap to raise money to get my broken computer refurbished.  It's hard to start an internet business without a computer, but I'm not letting that stop me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment