Saturday, January 16, 2016

Justin Bieber Drawing

Let me preface this by saying that I'm not a Justin Bieber fan.  But my niece Katherine is, and I drew this for a Christmas present for her.  I asked my sister who my niece and nephew's favorite performers or sports stars were, and for Katherine it was Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber.  My first thought was, "I need to introduce my niece to some better music."  Then I started looking up photos of the two stars, trying to find one with good shadow play that would work with my drawing style.  This one of Bieber fit the bill.  I went with a graffiti wall look in the background, and actually, I'm pretty stoked with how this drawing came out.  Even better, my niece Katherine liked it, and said they needed to put it up in their game room.  Her brother, Ethan said "Nooooooo!  No Bieber in the game room!"  Then the kids put both of their drawings back in the poster tubes and proceeded to hit each other over the head with the tubes. 
Ahhh... the family at Christmas.  Gotta love it.  Sharpie markers on paper, 18" X 24".

No comments:

Post a Comment