Saturday, January 9, 2016

Alien on a skateboard

Since my laptop literally broke in late November, I've been ignoring this blog.  In addition, I was doing a bunch of drawings for Christmas which I didn't want to post, so I wouldn't spoil anyone's surprise.  So I'm going to play catch up now, posting a whole bunch of drawings in a couple of days. 

Back in 2012, I took the trash out and found three old skateboard decks sitting by the dumpster.  I'd never put art on a skateboard before, so I figured it was time to try.  The saying, "I'm not crazy, and if you say I am one more time, I'll send my invisible ninja leprechauns after you," is something I said to a friend one night who called me crazy.  It just popped into my head, and we both laughed.  I'd been drawing aliens, often smoking cigarettes, for a while, so I went with that.  I did a bunch of random scribble art and put it on, collage style, behind the drawing.  So it's Sharpies on paper, collage, and the whole mess stuck to an old skateboard deck with Mod Podge.  As an experiment, it came out pretty well.  I did a couple other boards as well, which are sitting in my bedroom to this day.  I definitely want to do some more skate decks in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment