Monday, January 11, 2016

Cheerleading Drawing For My Niece

When I first came to North Carolina several years ago, I was broke and decided to draw some pics for my niece and nephew that I was just getting to know.  I drew their names and faded the colors in them from light to dark.  She was about nine then, and just starting in cheerleading.  Before I knew it, I was drawing these names for a whole bunch of her cheerleader friends.  I even did a few on canvas, but Sharpies don't work well on canvas, and I'm not a painter.

Well, many years have passed, and my niece Katherine is now a varsity cheerleader.  This is the first drawing I did for her in this new style.  But her school colors didn't come through enough, so I did another one for her.  Before I took these pics over to them, I made copies at the nearby office store, and accidentally left this original in the copy machine.  I went by the next day, and not only had the young women working there kept it, but they told me they thought it was awesome.  Pretty cool to hear from random people I don't know.  Again, the faces didn't come out as good as I wanted, but other than that, I was pretty happy with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment